Saturday, January 15, 2011

Going Gray

We decided to redecorate the nursery in preparation for the birth of our first boy a few months ago. It had been yellow and green since our first daughter was born five years ago and we were ready for a change. We are really happy with the gray wall color we ended up with and now I'm wanting it in my living room.

I really wanted to do gray and orange and wasn't sure how it was going to come together, but I'm happy with the result.

I bought an extra set of orange curtains and my mom made a crib skirt out of one panel (the other one makes an excellent table cloth). The fabulous vinyl wall art is from blik. We used blik for the girls' room as well.

The pictures don't quite do the colors justice, but you get the idea.

BEFORE:


AFTER:




BEFORE:


AFTER:




BEFORE:


AFTER:


1 comment:

  1. I love the color combo. We are buying a house out here in CA and I've been designing (in my head :)) our playroom with orange and thinking about gray... Seeing your nursery makes me think my daydreaming is headed in the right direction! Btw, this is Amanda Waite :) heard from Emily C. u had a new little guy...congrats and love his name... He's twins with one of my twins.

    ReplyDelete